Tough guy
Austin and Daiton
Grandma Leavitt
Austin and his call
Hello fellow blogtastic people. More than a year ago I decided that I would set out to go on a mission. However it was not easy and it took a lot longer than i would have liked it to. I recieved my Patriarchal blessing January 27th 2008. The day President Hinckley passed away. So I was off to a terrible start. I killed him by getting my blessing. ;) haha Then I tried to turn in my mission papers for the first time, and was asked to wait until june of 2008. I waited until June and came home for Sawyer's graduation. I was going to turn in my papers that weekend. I wanted to go on a date for something to do so Preston Guthrie and I rounded up a couple of girls. We planned to go to St. George and Play mini golf and laser tag. So i borrow my mother's very fast and very pretty new Altima. We left mesquite and made great time entering the gorge. However I was an idiot and was going 20 over when a cop started to follow me and I never saw him because it was dark and all I could see were headlights. Being the fool that I am I hit a hill going towards St. George and "put the pedal to the metal." I did not go this fast all the way through only for a few seconds and planned on slowing down like I always used to do in the gorge. So I got going over 100mph when cop lights turned on behind me. I looked back and said out loud, "I Am going to jail." I pulled over and rolled down my window and got my wallet out. The cop came running up to the car and screamed at me telling me to get out of the car pushed me against the car and handcuffed me. He was rather rough about this when I was following instructions perfectly. I told him to stop being rough and that i was doing what he said. He put me in the back of his car and i sat there for about an hour. He called my mom who was absolutely Livid. Cant blame her a bit, I was being an idiot. And he let me go with my ticket and court date. long story short i was not able to turn in my papers for the second time. Spent 24 hours in jail after I went to court, $1060 fine. After this i was very bummed, and had a very hard time staying focused. I did some things wrong and it delayed me more. I refused to lose to the jerk we call Satan. I prefer to call him The one with no Promises. Heavenly father promises us so much in turn for our hard work. I knew i had to go on a mission because of my patriarchal blessing. It talks so much about my mission and there is no way I would pass up the personal and family blessings. And the peoples lives I plan to bless while I'm gone. Few hundred thousand I suppose.
Anyways, I recieved the Priesthood about 3 weeks ago. I turned in my papers the same day. My call came today and I drove from Phoenix where I live with my brother Glen. Who very kindly let me borrow his mustang to drive to open it, because he was not able to come. I had a lot of Family and friends come and I really liked having them there. And I was very emotional when I read it. I thought if I stayed in the states I would be disappointed, But as soon as i read where i was going I was overcome by the spirt and Cried like a Boy who has been In the process for a while. I have been Called to serve in the Billings, Montana Mission and I enter the M.T.C. April 22nd 2009. 6 days before my 20th birthday. And I am very happy about that. I'm so happy i don't have to wait long either.
I know that this church is true and I know that through prayer we can have the strength of god. I know that The Atonement is real and I know that the spirt testifies to me the truthfulness of the things of this gospel. I know that The book of mormon is true. I know that the Billings, Montana mission is where the lord has called me to serve. And I plan to serve with all my heart might and strength. The lord has blessed me with a wonderful family and i know that we can be together forever. Thanks to everyone who helped me and pushed me to go on a mission and told me not to give up. I owe you a lot.
Love ELDER AUSTIN GENE GOFF.


2 comments:
I love you brother! You are so strong for pushing through all of the thigns that came your way. Satan was working on you so hard because he knows you will be so great. I really believe that. I love you so much and am very proud of you! You will be such a great missionary. You will learn and grow more than ever! And be so blessed and so will our family! You are great! Love you lots! CONGRATS!!! Billings, Montana! WOO!
CONGRATS AUSTIN!!! Reading this made me cry!!! I never realized the tough things you were going through to make it to where you are and it is AWESOME to hear of your VICTORY through it ALL! What a powerful testimony you have built and I know that you are going to be AWESOME teaching the gospel to others! Love ya!
Post a Comment